This week - the week of January 9th - you will be testing and working on a new story. You will have a great amount of freedom in regards to how you structure your story, but you do have a few specific requirements. Do the following:
Create a Google Doc and share it with me. The name should be "Vocab Story" (ex. "Denali.Smith.VocabStory."
At the top of the document, copy and paste the following words. Then, use dictionary.com to define them and write at least one sentence of your own. This will become your vocabulary words for next week (SAT Vocab #7). You will not be tested on them this week. Wednesday's test will only include words from them SAT #6 list.
After - and only after - you've finished defining the words above, you may start your story. Choose one of the three pictures below to write your story about. Be sure to tell me whether you chose picture one, two or three.
Your story must be follow these guidelines:
- At least six paragraphs long
- Must include all SAT #7 vocab words. Underline them.
- Must include at least three abstract nouns. Highlight them in yellow.
- Must include at least three proper nouns. Highlight them in blue.
- Must include at least five concrete nouns. Highlight them in green.
Don't worry, you'll be able to work on this story as you have extra time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Good luck and have fun!