The bibliopole sold me the hidden Harry Potter novel.
2. conniption (n) – a fit of rage or hysterics
My little brother had a conniption when mom said he couldn’t eat cereal for breakfast.
3. bruxism (n) – grinding of the teeth
My frustration about vocabulary was the source of my bruxism.
4. cryptozoology (n) search for mythical animals, like the Loch Ness monster or Sasquatch
I plan to major in cryptozoology when I get to Hogwarts
5. noctambulist (n) a sleepwalker
Last night a noctambulist was walking down the street in Newberg.
6. pilgarlic (n) - a bald-headed man
Pilgarlics tend to be exceptionally smart people because there’s no hair to keep knowledge from entering their brains.
7. scofflaw (n) - someone who disobeys the law
You’re no scofflaw; I believe you’ll follow the rules.
8. sternutator (n) - something that causes sneezing
All of the pollen in the air is a real sternutator this time of year.
9. flibbertigibbet (n) - excessively talkative person
“There are no flibbertigibbets in this classroom!” Mr. Alpert said with zero sarcasm.
10. microsmatic (adj) - having a good sense of smell
She’s a very microsmatic detective. Her nose helps to solve all sorts of cases!