Check this out.
Poke around a few of these places on Google Maps. After you've taken some time to explore, record some of your thoughts in a Google Doc (please share it with me and title it "Modern Day Greece"). Consider a few of the questions below the links.
Castle of Ionnina
Consider the following questions and choose two or three to write about in your Google Doc. Note: You must answer question number one.
1. Use the small map in the upper right hand corner of the links to zoom out. Where is Greece located? What other countries are nearby?
2. Which of the five locations interests you the most? Why?
3. How is the landscape different than Newberg or the Oregon coast? Does it remind you of anywhere else that you've been before?
4. What can you tell about the country's culture from some of your explorations?
5. If you've read much about ancient Greece before (maybe in some Rick Riordan novels), does modern day Greece look anything like you expected?
6. If you could choose two sites to visit, which would you choose and why?
Bonus: The White House
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.